While on the subject of Fall makeup, how appropriate would it be to do a simple review of a miniature Sephora lip stain from their limited edition pouch? Good? Okay. This cherry shade with a tinge of red has got me hooked on dark lips. Officially. I almost forgot how it feels like to actually rock a bold lip. I love a good vampy lip, but I've never really experimented with it. Yup, you probably guessed it, I don't own Rebel or Cyber from MAC...shocker, I know.
Saturday, 18 October 2014
Tuesday, 14 October 2014
1) Braziliant by Essie. Whenever I paint my nails with Brazilliant, it immediately reminds me of fruit punch. All I wanna do is laze on a hammock by the beach and sip on mimosas. Am I right? A bright orange with a tinge of shimmer never hurt anyone.
2) Lavender Lies by Maybelline Color Show. This shade has Essie Button written all over it. If you guys have not heard about her, then you're definitely missing out! She's probably one of my favourite youtube gurus who is bloody hilarious! With that aside, this shade reminds me of Sittin Pretty by Essie, which Estee wears all the time. It's a slightly darker lilac shade, more of a lavender tone and I love it.
3) I Just Can't Cope-acabana by OPI. This screams SUMMER all over. I've talked about this so many times because isn't it the prettiest?? Like I said before, it's like dipping your nails in sunshine and viola! The perfect summer shade to have on your nails if you ask me.
4) Blue No Blues by Bourjois. Of course, I saved the best for last. If you know me, you know that I can never get enough of turquoise/mint shades for my nails. With a gel effect, Bourjois has got the formula covered. Striking, bold and absolutely gorgeous for all skin tones!
What are your favourite nail polishes for the sunny weather?
Thursday, 9 October 2014
When I gave Sephora's Puckerlicious event a miss, I never thought that I would be able to purchase one of their limited edition lip pouches! Exclusively selling at Sephora Ion and retailing at only $29, of course I had to buy it! So much for saving money.....but on a lighter note, the lip pouch contained 2 full sized lippies and 3 mini lippies;
1) Givenchy Le Rouge - Rose Dressing (mini)
2) Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Stain - Red Essence (mini)
3) Too Faced Melted - Fuchsia (mini)
4) NYX Butter Lipstick - Taffy (full size)
5) Tartte Lip Surgence Lip Gloss - Blissful (full size)
If you ask me, it's totally worth the price even if you're on a budget. Now, now, I know you guys are waiting for swatches but I thought despite the size of these bad boys, they do deserve a post each so keep a look out for swatches and reviews for each and every lippie.
Have you gotten yours yet?
Which is your favourite?
Wednesday, 8 October 2014
As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I've been experimenting with lip glosses. Yes, you heard me right. Gooey, icky, sticky lip glosses. You might be thinking, what the hell Aishah? So much for writing about beauty when you don't even like lip glosses! Shame on you! But trust me, I laid off glosses for a few years. Maybe I applied once or twice for annual events, but I tend to rub it off half of the day and stick to my mattes. Am I boring? Lame? Perhaps... Even my good friend Sarah nagged at me for not wearing lip glosses. Her exact words were, if I could recall correctly..."Are you serious? Is it your first time wearing makeup? What's wrong with you? Apply any lipgloss over nude lipstick = goddess".
Monday, 6 October 2014
Super easy to achieve as far as this look goes! If you're in a rush, grab random twigs from the park, a headband, your normal makeup look but only with severely contoured + highlighted face, paired with a black nose and white polka dots with NYX jumbo pencil in milk! If you're smart enough, join the bottom liner to your lash line, which I totally forgot to do. Dumbass *smacks forehead*.
What do y'all think?
Monday, 29 September 2014
Looks like the brights, neons, and pastel hues are dying on me...I know, I know, who the hell am I?!?! I don't know, folks. You know when you're so focused to a particular direction 24/7, suddenly, snap! It doesn't seem so special/interesting anymore. You just get....do I dare to say this? Well, bored. Yup, I've said it out loud. I've just grown BORED and simply down right tired of painting brights on my nails. So I thought I would switch it up with a much more neutral shade. And of course, Case Study by Essie seems to be right.
A nude, muted brown shade that's perfect for my skin tone. Longetivity? Probably around 4 days with Essie polishes but I ain't complaining. I've gotten so many compliments on my nails, maybe I'll repaint them again when it chips off!
What's on your nails this week?